Between Christmas and New Year my daughter and I did a little shopping and browsing in the sales. Helen spotted an apron, it was very nice but I pointed out that they were easy to make and much cheaper, thinking of various lengths of furnishing weight cotton I have at home…of course it isn’t cheaper when said daughter buys a meter of fabric for the apron! Having said that it’s gorgeous fabric, I’m tempted to make a bag or a purse out of the scraps!
I’d lots of cream cotton tape to make ties, but cream didn’t look right with the soft grey of the fabric. I rummaged in my stash and found a batik fabric which went with it very nicely so I cut 2.5″ strips and made my own tape.
For the shape I literally cut round a WI apron I’ve had for years. I hemmed all the edges, edge-stitched round the ties to give it a bit more structure and stitched them on with a double fold.
A nice quick finish to start the new year!