This month is flying by, I thought if I don’t hurry up with my update, I’ll be writing Nineteen for 19 on the 19th!
So we are now half way through the year, so how am I doing with my challenges? Well, some remain a non-starter, others are finished, so a mixture. I was on holiday or away with work for nearly 10 days too, which did curtail my finishes if not my sewing!..
- 1 Scrap Quilt; I’ve got all my scraps sorted, just need a few more hours in the day!
- 2 Tutorials; I have two written, I just need to sort out some photos, so not quite done but on it’s way!
- 3 Sessions a week in the garden; I’ve been spending several days a week in the garden, trying to keep on top of things and getting it straight for our open garden at the end of the month.
- 4 Workshops; I went on one at the end of May to make a Harold the Hare, I’m hoping to finish it soon, in the meantime I’ve another embroidery class in a couple of weeks time.
- 5 presents; Nothing further on this one but I have plans for after the open garden, so still three.
- 6 Quilts; I’ve made four so far this year with another two fairly close to finishing!
- 7 New Patterns; I made some Tania cullotes a few weeks ago for Minerva, they’ve just gone live on their blog so I’ll share them with you tomorrow. I’m counting them now so it’s 2 new patterns in total.
- 8 Kits; I’ve just finished a little kit, so I’ll be sharing it with you shortly, but June’s tally remains at two
- 9 Mini Embroideries; I stitched a stained glass window with machine embroidery for the Travelling Sketchbook with my Embroiderers Guild, it worked out really well, so my tally is now 3.
- 10 Things; Still just made three but lots of things in the pipeline!
- 11 Cross-stitch Smalls; in June I stitched another bumble bee, this time it was for me, though I’ve now got two people asking for one! My bumble bee this month pushes my tally to eleven, so challenge completed!
- 12 pages on my book; just waiting for the right moment to start this one!
- 13 Clothes Made; I need to get cracking with this one as my wardrobe is getting decidedly tired! With the cullottes I’ll share tomorrow my tally is three.
- 14 Drawers organised; This remains at 8, so over half way, I need to sort my trimmings next I think as they are all just bundled into a drawer, I’m thinking of wrapping them round cards, but any suggestions welcome!
- 15 Minutes Tidy Up at the end of a Sewing Session; I’m getting better at this and it does help…though my sewing room still needs a good blitz!
- 16 Books; This is going well, I read another Robert McFarlane book called Landmarks and also a Jodi Picoult book called Sing You Home, it isn’t in the pile as I’ve lent it to a friend. So I think my total is twelve books; I’m rather enjoying stacking them all in our spare room, a pile I’ve read and a pile waiting to read!
- 17 blogs a Month; I only managed 15 blogs last month due to being away so much.
- 18 Walks; Last month we walked 80 miles of the Cleveland Way over 9 days, so that doubles my tally to 18 walks! We’ve another three walks planned too!
- 19 Splendid Sampler Blocks; this one is on the back burner at the moment whilst I catch up on other things, I’ve made 14 so far this year.
So I’m making fair progress with my challenges, some finished or almost there, others not even started yet. Hopefully I’ll have a few more finishes in July, I’m in the mood to tidy a few loose ends up!
Well done – so many things despite being away
Reading – anything by Mary S Lovell, but most especially her biographies of Lady Jane Digby and the Burtons.
I wish I could read your stack. They all look like books I would enjoy. I wish I had your drive and motivation to do half of what you have already accomplished. You crank out quilts like so much linguine. Not just quilts but beautiful intricate quilts. Well done is all I can say.
You’re doing amazingly!
I bought Landmarks by Robert Macfarlane as a reference book and I use it repeatedly. It takes me away just reading it. I’ve now bookmarked The Wild Places after seeing it in your pile and have also placed The Golden Thread on order. Thanks for the ‘suggestions’ ;). PS: Have been following your gardening blogs and think it looks gorgeous!
I am so impressed with everything you achieve and with such skill. Well done you.
Wow a great list so far!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, I’m making progress 🙂