March Smalls

It’s the first day of a new month today so I’ve changed over my display of cross-stitch smalls. Last month was predominantly Valentine themed ones, some of these have stayed as it’s our 12th wedding anniversary on the 17th March.

Be My Valentine has gone back in the bureau but the others have stayed. I’ve also kept the little heart freebie from Faby Reilly,

Cross-stitch smalls

Over the last two or three years I’ve made an anniversary card, a little keepsake of the occasion. This was last years which turned out a bit big for a card so I mounted it and included a little pocket on the back for messages.

This was the first one I made, it’s a design by Faby Reilly, it’s still a card at the moment, I haven’t quite sussed out how I’m going to make it into a small, I might just pop it in a little frame.

Faby Reilly Design
Faby Reilly Design

The Joyful World SAL for March is obviously included, this month has a stork and chick. .

Joyful World by Snowflower Diaries

It’s been very mild here for the last couple of weeks and we saw our first bumble bee of the year, so I’ve included this bee pincushion I made back in 2015, it’s a design by Jardin Privee.

Bee pin cushion

This one hasn’t got any four leaf clovers on it but somehow it makes me think of St Patricks Day. I think it would look pretty with a tiny clover charm in the middle!

Butterfly Dance

So, here’s my bowl of smalls for March. I’m hoping to finish some Easter ones for next month.

Cross-stitch smalls

This entry was posted in embroidery, Serendipity, Smalls of the Month and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to March Smalls

1. magpiesue says:

The idea of these displays of smalls in inspiring. You started a grand tradition for your wedding anniversaries. We’ll be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary this month. I can hardly believe it!

Liked by 2 people

2. MrsCraft says:

Very sweet, the anniversary celebration ones are especially lovely.

3. jaya says:

Beautiful. A treat to the eyes.

4. Lovely smalls as usual and happy anniversary!

5. What a gorgeous selection. You have such beautiful work to choose from. Happy anniversary to you both when it comes xx

These always delight me! Happy Anniversary to you guys!

7. Debbie says:

I love your smalls it is such a lovely idea ๐Ÿ˜

8. wybrow1966 says:

Happy anniversary

9. Happy Anniversary!! I love your smalls tradition!

10. Catherine says:

Happy anniversary! Itโ€™s lovle to have such a meaningful set of pieces to help you celebrate.

11. I like your tradition and the smalls are beautiful. Congratulation on your anniversary.

So pretty and congratulations on your anniversary.

13. mandycurrie says:

Hello Margaret, what a lovely idea to create a bowl of smalls, I have a few hidden away that could be made up. You are such an inspiration. Happy Anniversary. Kind regards Mandy xx