Well I’m two months into my year long challenge, so how have I done;
- 1 Etsy store opened; not yet, waiting til after our holiday.
- 2 Tutorials; ditto!!!
- 3 Sessions a week in the garden; I did really well with this in January, February not so good, a mixture of sodden or frozen soil on top of trying to clear my mum’s house now she is in a care home meant I only got out a couple of times. I’m going to have to hit the road running when I get back from holiday as spring will be springing!
- 4 Quilts; One quilt finished! My Feel the Sunshine quilt will be flying over to Australia today. I’ve made good progress with my Down the Rabbit Hole quilt too, although that is a long way off a proper finish.
- 5 Craftsy Classes;…after the holiday!
- 6 New Patterns; I tried two new patterns this month, Burda 2943 is a summer dress pattern and the Ogden Cami by True Bias.
- 7 Kits stitched; none yet, maybe I need to take one on holiday!
- 8 Pages in my stitch sampler book; I stitched one on running stitch, making a total of two this year.
- 9 Pounds Lost!!! I lost 4 lb last month but just 1lb this month, I’m happy with that as I would rather it came off slowly and potentially stayed off. Our scales are also pretty dodgy, so I tend to take the numbers with a pinch of salt!
- 10 Mini Embroideries; I stitched one for a travelling sketchbook on domesticity, making a total of three this year. We’re starting a new book next month.
- 11 Letters to friends; I finally got one letter written, an overdue thankyou letter, I’ll pop it in the post tomorrow 🙂
- 12 Boxes or Drawers sorted in sewing room; I’ve half sorted my embroidery flosses, putting them all in order and on cards, but I needed a few more cards to finish the job and I think I need to start a spare floss box for all the one’s I’ve doubled up on! So my running total stays at one.
- 13 New Recipes; I tried another new recipe this month, Balsamic Chicken, it was posted by Kate, it was delicious and will definitely become a regular dish.
- 14 Less Lengths in my stash! Well I used two lengths from my stash…but I bought three lengths in London…so I’m -1 this month, not so good!!
- 15 Posts a month; I’ve actually managed twenty posts this month!!
- 16 cross-stitch smalls; I’ve got two still on the go and one finish, my anniversary card, so my running total is three.
- 17 items of clothing made. I’ve made a dress and a top this month, ready for my holidays, so three so far this year.
- 18 Walks; We’ve not managed a decent walk this month, hopefully life will settle down when we get back from holidays! So my tally stays at one!
I’ve not done bad this month, considering everything that is going on outside my sewing room, and of course it is a shorter month!