It’s the first day of February already, so how have I done in the first month of my Eighteen for 18 challenge…
- 1 Etsy store opened; Nothing done but have been thinking!!
- 2 Tutorials; None as yet.
- 3 Sessions a week in the garden; This is working really well, I keep telling myself to just go out for 10 minutes, invariably it turns into 20 or 30 minutes (except today when it was flipping freezing!!) I usually manage to fill a feed bag with weeds and dead stuff. The garden is looking noticeably better for a little bit of attention and I’ve noticed all the bulbs appearing.
- 4 Quilts; Nothing finished but I’m progressing fairly well on my Down the Rabbithole quilt and I’ve nearly finished a bright and colourful Kaffe Fassett quilt which is for a wedding in March, and here’s a quick peep of the final layout!
- 5 Craftsy Classes; I’m waiting until after my holiday!
- 6 New Patterns; Not managed any this month
- 7 Kits stitched; None, but I’ll probably take one or two on holiday.
- 8 Pages in my stitch sampler book; I stitched one page on Chevron stitch.
- 9 Pounds Lost!!! Depending what mood the scales are in I’ve lost about 4lb, I’m happy with that, February should be better as we give up alcohol for the month, I know a lot of people do Sober October or a dry January, but 1st January I’m still in festive mood…and anyway February is shorter!!!
- 10 Mini Embroideries; Two completed; The travelling sketchbook is still going round in our Embroiderers Guild, so I stitched a daisy in a stained glass window for a book on William Morris. I also embroidered a postcard of Catbells for a quilt block for the Signed, Tealed & Delivered quilt.
- 11 Letters to friends; None as yet, overdue writing one post Christmas, so I’ll try and do that this weekend.
- 12 Boxes or Drawers sorted in sewing room; Yesterday I sorted out my button box, it’s been a big jumble up to now, not easy trying to determine how many of a certain button is in there. I used safety pins to hold little buttons together and perle thread for the bigger ones. I’ve tied matching buttons together, but all the odd ones I’ve linked together by colour, so if I just want an odd dark blue button I can find them!…and no I have no idea why I have so many plain cream buttons!! I’d already got some little jars for craft mixes of buttons and vintage pearl buttons. My button jar is organised 🙂
- 13 New Recipes; I tried a recipe from the Hairy Bikers Diet book, chicken with chorizo sausage, very nice!
- 14 Less Lengths in my stash! One less from the coatigan I made and I haven’t bought any!
- 15 Posts a month; I manage 20 this month, a busy time!
- 16 cross-stitch smalls; Two, just!! I made the January Joyful World pillow and finally finished a snowdrop that had been sat in my workbox for about 30 years!!
- 17 items of clothing made.; I finished the Coatigan which I started during a sew-a-long day with my daughter Helen.
- 18 Walks; We just managed to get a walk in, though it was touch and go! Our aim is to walk on a Sunday at least once each month but the weeks went by with various commitments and it came to last Sunday, our final chance and it was wet and miserable. However we decided to brave the weather and had a short walk on Otley Chevin, probably only about 3 miles, but we did it!!
So not a bad start to the year, just got to keep it up!