Last year a couple of blogs I follow were doing ’17 for 17′, lots of little (and big) things to aim for over the year. I liked the way it include non sewing and lifestyle aims as well and a monthly post helps to see how you’re doing.
So, here’s my eighteen for 2018…
- 1 Etsy store opened; I’d love to be able to get a little income from my sewing, just got to make sure it stays a pleasure!
- 2 Tutorials; I’ve been thinking about this for ages, hopefully listing it will give me the kick I need!
- 3 Sessions a week in the garden; I’ve been very careful not to make a time on this, in the winter I might only manage 10 minutes, but all those minutes will add up to help me get on top of my garden.
- 4 Quilts; I’ve one to make for a wedding in March, my Down the Rabbit hole quilt to finish, a wall hanging kit and I really need to start using my scraps!
- 5 Craftsy Classes; I’ve quilting, embroidery and sewing classes just waiting to be watched…
- 6 New Patterns; I’m embarrassed just how many patterns I have that I have never actually used!
- 7 Kits stitched; I always fall for kits at the various shows I go to, I have a box of them waiting to be stitched!
- 8 Pages in my stitch sampler book; I’d like to get more done but I’m trying to be realistic!
- 9 Pounds Lost!!! I’d like to lose a lot more than 9lb but that will be a start!
- 10 Mini Embroideries; some of these will be for the travelling sketchbooks, others for a fabric book I have planned. I’ve really enjoyed the embroidery work last year so I want to do some more.
- 11 Letters to friends; I used to be a big letter writer, then a long came facebook and e-mails, but it just isn’t the same. I still have letters I received from friends when I was in my teens and twenties. I’m going to make an effort to write to friends again.
- 12 Boxes or Drawers sorted in sewing room; my sewing room needs a serious sort out, I’m going to tackle it box by box!
- 13 New Recipes; after years of cooking for a family it’s easy to get into a rut with cooking, this will give me new ideas for meals.
- 14 Less Lengths in my stash! I know, I’ve been trying to reduce my stash for years, but this year it might just happen!! I’ve just counted and I’ve got about 60 lengths!
- 15 Posts a month; There are months when I post this number and more, but there are also months when I post a lot less, this will hopefully even things out a bit.
- 16 cross-stitch smalls; over the last few months I’ve quite got into little cross-stitch items, I rather like the idea of having a seasonal display. 16 may sound a lot, but it’s only just over one a month!
- 17 items of clothing made. This is quite a tough one as I do think 17 is a lot, I also know that my wardrobe is getting depleted and it will also help with no.14! I have the fabric and the patterns, I just need to organise myself and do more dress-making.
- 18 Walks; my daughter thinks this is a lot, but my OH and I want to start going for a ‘proper’ walk once a month, it will be good both from a fitness point of view, but also just spending more time together will be good. My friend and I need to get some practice walks too in for our long distance walk this year, St Cuthberts Way in September.
So, that’s my aims for 2018, it may seem a lot but some things may tackle several posts, like making clothes with fabric from my stash with a new pattern could count for three different aims.