Bouquet Sampler

Samplers aux BouquetsWell, I’m on the final stretch of my Sampler Aux Bouquets from Jardin Privee, I quite like the stage when you can stitch a colour and know that’s the last stitch in that particular shade, it’s like ticking the boxes as you near the end! This last bit does seem to be taking a while though, it’s a bit like walking, whether you’re doing 6 miles or 16 miles, it’s the last mile that hurts!!

Sampler aux BouquetsSince I last posted about my sampler I’ve stitched all the little hearts and fluttering butterflies around the red alphabet. I was rather disappointed with one set of instructions I failed to spot in time; ‘Dans l’alphabet broder vos initials en rose clair’, suggesting you embroider your initials in the lighter shade of pink. It was in little letters to the left of the chart, I was stitching from the right and the colour chart was at the bottom, so I just didn’t see it! As my initials are MHC it would have worked out to be nicely in alignment.  I did contemplate unpicking my initials for quite a while as I think it’s a nice touch, but I’ve decided to find somewhere else to add my initials and the year. Maybe I’ll stitch it in little letters either side of the urn, or perhaps at the end under the bottom border. I think all samplers should have initials and date on, if only for your own benefit, I’ve a sampler I made in 1988, I couldn’t have dated it now if I hadn’t stitched it in the design.

Sampler aux BouquetsI’ve just got three more flowers, lots of leaves and a bit of the red border to stitch now and then it’s complete! It should definitely be on the wall, framed, by Christmas. It’s getting more and more difficult to photograph now as it is so long, over 80cm, not helped by the poor light in November here in Yorkshire!

I’m linking up with Kathy’s Quilts on Sunday and Super Mom no Cape on Monday, why not have a look and see what everyone else is embroidering and hand sewing?

Sapler aux Bouquets

This entry was posted in Crafts, Sewing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Bouquet Sampler

1. CathieJ says:

I think the last little bit seems slow because we actually do slow down, not really wanting to finish something that we’ve enjoying stitching. Your project is beautiful.

2. Sarah says:

This is so beautiful. I look forward to seeing it finished and framed! I’ve become a fan of the web site since you introduced me to it!

3. daneesey says:

Your work is beautiful! Too bad about the instructions on the monogramming your initials. Perhaps you could go back with a metallic thread and work over the existing stitches, to make them stand out more? Enjoy the week!! 🙂

4. You are inspiring to get another cross stitch project going again even though I have not done anything with the last one I stitched! :0)

5. You have been stitching at the speed of light! It’s amazing that you are so close to finishing!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching

6. Laura says:

Just beautiful!

7. Susan says:

Maybe your initials in that border area over the alphabet? Lovely piece, and how nice that you are so close to finished!

8. Christine B. says:

I absolutely love this sampler…. it is looking beautiful! It will look fabulous finished and framed! Good luck getting it finished! Christine x

9. fawn says:

This is sooooooo beautiful! Gorgeous color and gorgeous stitching!!!

10. Even if in reality it takes the same clock time, I think the last part of any project always seems the longest because we can see the end in site. It’s going to be a lovely addition to your decor.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week’s Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!