It’s a while since I last checked how I was doing with my 2020 Vision, I’ve just looked back and it was May – doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun!! As we are now three quarters of the way through the year, I thought I’d better see how I was doing with the twenty things I wanted to make in 2020. I have to admit though, the way 2020 has panned out was certainly not in my vision, I’ve done a lot of what Anne Brookes would call ‘sewing for the soul’, stitching what I fancy rather than what I need…
- Jeans: made and worn lots of times, though I don’t find the button fly as comfortable as a zip!
- Trousers: made and worn a few times, these were from the Ultimate Trouser pattern, they’re a bit snug for my liking, I’ll try a different pattern next time.
- Sheer blouse: made and waiting for a special occasion to wear it!!!
- Tailored jacket: I’ve got the pattern and the fabric, just got to get organised.
- Tailored coat: Ditto!! I’ve got a few days off next week so I might aim to do one of these.
- Coming Home Quilt; Flimsy is finished, just need to send it to the long-armer
- Cottage Garden Quilt; I’ve almost finished the top row of this one, I’m really enjoying making this one.
- Baby Quilt; Completed and gifted earlier in the year.
- Scrappy Quilt; My Staying home quilt is just waiting to be quilted. I’ve also started a true scrappy one from my scrap boxes, Pat Sloans Flower Garden QAL.
- Charity Quilt; I’ve a quilt for care-leavers which just needs the quilting finishing, I just need to get it out of the bag and get it finished!
- Stitchbook Collective; All finished and made into a book.
- Mum’s Memory book; I finished this just in time for my mum’s funeral, I’m really pleased with how it’s worked out.
- Anthea Calendar SAL; I’m keeping up with this lovely stitch-a-long from Faby Reilly and I’m managing to do a wordplay for each one too though at times it’s been difficult to think of positive words to stitch!!
- Workshop finishes; I finished my Harry the Hare and I’ve an update on the Bethlehem embroidery tomorrow!
- Finery Of Nature; Completed.
- Slippers;Finished and worn lots of times, even if the tops are the wrong way round!
- Lampshade; No progress here, though I keep looking at the kits!
- Jelly Roll Rug; ditto!
- Wallet; This went on my back burner during lockdown as I wasn’t going anywhere to spend money, I really do need one now though!
- Luna Lapin; Florence is made, she just needs some clothes.
I’ve just done a count up and I think eleven things are fully finished, four are well on their way with five none starters!! Not bad considering the year we’ve had and I’ve still three months to go….