Over the last couple of years I’ve set a challenge over the year of things I wanted to make or do, I started to compile ideas for Twenty for 2020, but the numbers were just getting too big – it also makes for a long post each month! I enjoyed having the challenge, trying to meet targets without fretting if one wasn’t going to get started, never mind finished, but it needed a new framework…
I’m trying to reduce my stash somewhat – I have to admit (don’t tell anyone!!) but it’s getting a bit out of hand!! Not helped by lots of people passing stuff on to me! I’ve made a list of twenty projects I want to complete over the year. Several of these are projects which I know will stretch me a bit, but I’ve had the fabric and the pattern for ages, prevaricating as I know it’s not going to be a quick and easy make. I’m also hoping that having made one and remembered it’s not so difficult, I’ll go on and make more!
There are also kits which have been in my stash for far too long, quilts I’ve got all the fabric for, unfinished projects..
So here’s my list, five quilts, five clothes, five projects and five items or kits;
- Jeans; I’ve got two patterns, all the buttons and zips etc, lots of denim, and I need some new jeans!
- Trousers; I’ve two trouser lengths in my stash and a wardrobe lacking in trousers!
- Tailored jacket; I’ve a Vogue pattern for a beautiful tailored jacket and several lengths of wool to choose from.
- Tailored coat; I bought a coat length form a local mill in the autumn. I’m just waiting for Vogue patterns to have a half price sale so I get the pattern I want.
- Sheer blouse; I’ve about three sheer fabric lengths which will make very pretty shirts, it’s just having the courage to start!
- Coming Home quilt; This is my Sarah Fielke BOM from last year, I’m a bit behind but I’m not doing her final deep border. I still need to applique the corners and then add a final smaller border.
- The Cottage Garden quilt; this is in a book by Kathryn Whittingham. The quilt is gorgeous, lots of embroidered and appliqued blocks, I collected all the fabrics last year, just trying to get a few finishes before I start this one.
- Baby quilt; we’ve got a new baby due in the family in the spring, so I’ll make a quilt for the new arrival.
- Scrappy quilt; I’ve joined a new facebook page on scrap quilts and it’s quite inspiring!
- Charity Quilts; I’m planning to make some more quilts for careleavers, and maybe one to be auctioned too.
- Stitchbook Collective; I’m really enjoying this and it’s certainly stretching me, there’s another nine boxes for me to do.
- Mum’s book; I started this last year – just!! I’ve collected all her crafty things together, finished and unfinished and I’m putting them together in a textile book. I hope she’ll like it.
- Anthea SAL; this is a year long stitch-a-long by Faby Reilly, the first pattern came out yesterday and it’s gorgeous – a beautiful snowdrops design for January.
- Workshop finishes; I’ve two projects left from workshops which I want to finish, an embroidery of a hare and a Bethlehem style embroidery.
- The Finery of Nature; I’m three-quarters of the way through this, but that’s probably still three months work!! I started this way back in 2018!!
- Slippers! I’ve a kit to make a pair of quilted slippers and my current ones are getting to be a bit of an embarrassment!!
- Lampshade; I’ve two kits at least from Raggedy Ruff designs to make a lampshade, similar style to my Woodland Wreath quilt.
- Jelly Roll Rug; I’ve the fabric and lots of spare batting to make a rug, I want a little one for the bathroom as a practise and then a bigger one for the dining room.
- Wallet; Having finally made myself a new handbag, I now need a new wallet!
- Luna Lapin; I want to make myself a Luna, I’m also wondering about making one for my mum for her birthday. I made an Archie Lapin for my great-nephew last year.
So that’s my challenge for the year, I did wonder about adding 20 walks, 20 books and 20 smalls, but it just makes for very long lists and I’ll tell you about them anyway as the year progresses!
You never know, I might actually have a smaller stash by the end of the year!!