At the beginning of October I did a count up of both craft projects on the go (WIP’s – work in progress!) and also things with an October deadline, it was a bit of a shock, even for me! I had fifteen different craft projects on my list!!! Even for me that felt a little overwhelming – I made a concerted effort to have a few finishes and reduce my WIP list!
So I had quite a productive October…
- 1 Scrap Quilt; still not started…
- 2 Tutorials; …nor this, though I have got some photos organised now.
- 3 Sessions a week in the garden; I’ve managed a fair bit of tidying up but the weather has been pretty bad – I’m a fair-weather gardener!
- 4 workshops; I went to a workshop at Courtyard Planters in Otley on how to make a low maintenance garden and I also went to another stained glass workshop and made my tree scene, so that makes my tally 5, challenge complete!
- 5 presents; I made George the rabbit for my great-nephew, together with a complete set of clothes, so I’ve now made four presents and I have got plans for three more presents in time for Christmas, so I should get this one.
- 6 Quilts; I finished another quilt for Care-Leavers, I’ve another top finished but waiting to be quilted, I think that one may have to wait until next year. So far this year I’ve made seven quilts!
- 7 New Patterns; I made a smock from the Merchant and Mills pattern this month, so that makes 6 altogether – I might just manage this one!
- 8 Kits; I completed the first Stitchbook Collective kit, so that makes 4.
- 9 Mini Embroideries; I’ve been quite busy with hand-embroidery this month, I stitched the two pages for the Stitchbook Collective and I also stitched my entry for the Anne Bronte P200 exhibition, so that’s 8 altogether this year, definitely achievable!
- 10 things; this stays at 9 for now, but I’ll crack this one in November.
- 11 Cross-stitch Smalls; I made another two this month, one for October and a pretty autumn one by Faby Reilly. I think this puts my tally at 13.
- 12 pages in my book; I still haven’t started this one which is going to be made of my mum’s handiwork. I’ve a weeks holiday in December, so I haven’t given up on this one yet.
- 13 Clothes made; I made a cream cardigan and a smock last month, so my total is now 10 – maybe I’ll actually manage this one this year!
- 14 Drawers organised; I’ve not done any more sorting this month, so it stays at 11.
- 15 minutes tidy-up each day ; mmm, I really must try a bit harder on this one!
- 16 Books read; I’ve a few more to share with you soon, so this challenge has been way-exceeded!
- 17 blogs a month; I managed a comfortable 20 last month.
- 18 Walks; Last month my walking buddy and ! finially finished the Cleveland Way with the last few miles from Scarborough to Filey, this pushed out tally to 21 walks over the year.
- 19 Splendid Sampler Blocks; I smashed this one last month when I cracked on and finished the quilt.
So, pretty good progress I think…and in case you’re wondering, I now have nine projects on the go, much more manageable!