I’m a bit late with my update this month after all the traumas of last week, so here is my report on my achievements with my challenges so far for 2018;
- 1 Etsy store opened; I’ve had a few more thoughts, I’m heading more towards my own website at the moemnt, especially as my OH met someone locally who builds them pretty inexpensively!
- 2 Tutorials; Still nothing written but I have got two ideas!
- 3 Sessions a week in the garden; I’ve had a few long sessions tidying up and sorting out the garden, so I’m making reasonable progress here!
- 4 Quilts;My total remains at three but I now have all the fabric to make the top for my niece, I have a design in mind, sort of made up as I go along, I have a week off at home this month so I’m hoping to crack on with it then.
- 5 Craftsy Classes; I’m still at 1.5 classes, as I’ve not managed to watch any this month, hopefully when I get back from my walk…
- 6 New Patterns; I have stitched a new pattern called the Aster blouse by Colette, so my total is now 5, nearly there!
- 7 Kits stitched; I made my sewing room clock from a kit this month.So I’ve now stitched seven kits, some of them are pretty loosely called kits, but I class anything that isn’t just the basic pattern a kit, even if it just includes a few beads, as it goes into my kit box!
8 Pages in my stitch sampler book; I’ve finished a page on fillers and one on outlines, so my tally is eight, another target reached! I’ve stitched most of the pages together, so it’s just the front and back pages and a cover to make now!
- 9 Pounds Lost!!! No change, this is one target that isn’t going to be reached!
- 10 Mini Embroideries; I stitched this silken strata at the Festival of Quilts, so my tally is now eight, I’m happy with my progress here.
- 11 Letters to friends; I’ve been really bad at this, it remains at two, but I’m planning on taking some letter writing stuff on holiday and maybe writing some in the evenings.
- 12 Boxes or Drawers sorted in sewing room; I had a good sort out of my fabric stash last month, pulled everything off the shelves, found things hidden at the back, I’ve acquired a lot of fabric this year from various sources so I had a realistic look both at my own stash and the extras to see what realistically I would sew. I sorted it all out into fabric types too, a shelf for cottons, one for wools, jersey on another…so my tally is now eleven!
- 13 New Recipes; I tried a new recipe for lamb shank this month, a long bake in red wine, very nice!, so my tally is now 7.
- 14 Less Lengths in my stash! I used two lengths from my stash this month and I reckon I sorted about fourteen lengths for the charity shop, so maybe I’m somewhere near??
- 15 Posts a month; I’ve just done a quick tally and I counted 28 posts!! Must be a record for me!
- 16 cross-stitch smalls; I finished two cross-stitch smalls this month and August is almost stitched! So my tally is sixteen, another target reached! Although counting on the photos I get to seventeen!
- 17 items of clothing made. I made two items of clothing last month, a silk sari top and my Aster blouse. So my tally so far is eight, so not bad, but quite a bit of catching up to do.
- 18 Walks; My big walk started on Sunday, St Cuthberts Way which is about 62 miles from Melrose to Lindisfarne, so I’ll be doing several days walking, in the meantime last month I did two walks, one with WI and one with my friends. So my total is now ten walks so far and a week of walking with St Cuthberts Way.