A couple of days ago I showed you my field of flowers embroidery, the actual embroidery was a kit from Anne Brooke, I then decided to make it into a little wall hanging using log cabin patchwork.
I spray basted the finished piece onto some batting with that pretty meadow-sweet fabric on the back. I did some very simple quilting, just a square round the flowers and again next to the next seam.
Just in time I remembered Claire had a clever way of adding hanging corners by folding a square in two to make a triangle and stitching one either side of the top edge. I think it makes a pretty neat hanger!
I added another strip of the purple flowered fabric to bind the bottom edge and then hand stitched them all over to the backing.
The front needed a little something else…
A while ago I bought some tiny mother of pearl buttons just for this kind of project, I think they are 8mm and 6mm, I stitched an 8mm one in each square along the bottom. I was planning to put a charm in the top right hand corner but the only ones I had were silver and it just looked too shiney, I tried a bigger button, still not right. In the end I stitched a tiny pink bead at the end of each feather stitch and called it a day!
I rather like my field of flowers, I think I will hang it just next to my computer in my sewing room.