It’s the 4th April already, so I’m overdue for my monthly Eighteen for 18 review. I was away for the first three weeks of March (and jet lagged for the last week!!) so I’m pretty pleased with what I’ve achieved. I’ve actually done a little bit more than this but as I haven’t posted about them yet they can go into next months figures instead!
- 1 Etsy store opened; I’ve done lots of thinking on this one during the holiday, wondering at the moment whether to start my own website instead of going through Etsy…still thinking!
- 2 Tutorials; Nothing as yet.
- 3 Sessions a week in the garden; I’m pretty pleased with this one as since I’ve been back I’ve been gardening at least three times a week. Often the weather doesn’t look too great but once I’m all wrapped up and out there, it’s actually quite nice, in a damp, cold sort of way!
- 4 Quilts; This stays at one finish, I delivered it to Australia and the happy couple loved it 🙂
- 5 Craftsy Classes; None as yet, but as I’ve just ordered a peacock panel on Ebay, I’m hoping to use it for a free motion quilting class.
- 6 New Patterns; This stays at two, though I’m hoping this will change this month as I’ve got a ball to go to in May and I need a new dress!
- 7 Kits stitched; I took two on holiday, they are almost finished, but not quite, so this stays at none.
- 8 Pages in my stitch sampler book; Two more pages stitched during the first half of our holiday, so four so far. I’m doing pretty well at this target, half way already!
- 9 Pounds Lost!!! Yes well, it was our holiday… least said the better!
- 10 Mini Embroideries; We’re starting a new round of travelling sketchbooks again this month so I’ll be doing a little one each month again. Total for the year stays at three.
- 11 Letters to friends; Just one so far this year, I really need to get cracking on this.
- 12 Boxes or Drawers sorted in sewing room; I’ve done a lot of sorting this month, we’ve been clearing my mums house as she is now in a care home, so I’ve taken all her craft stuff, so I’ve been trying to amalgamate everything into my sewing room. At the same time my sister gave me a huge bag of fabric she no longer wants and a friends mum sent a suitcase full of sewing goodies…I’m just about resurfacing in my sewing room! I have however managed to finish sorting my floss box, everything is neatly wrapped on plastic bobbins, I’ve taken out all the duplicate ones into another box, together with all my variegated ones. It looks a lot better. I’ve also started a box for my mum’s craft work, she was a prolific needlewoman and craftswoman, trying all sorts of crafts, so I’ve collected together all the little bits of bobbin lace, embroidery, cross-stitch etc, hoping to make a textile book out of them. So, I counting this as two boxes sorted this month, making a total of three.
- 13 New Recipes; This remains at one, hopefully I’ll try some more this month.
- 14 Less Lengths in my stash! Well….I bought another four length on holiday!!
- 15 Posts a month; Fourteen, I think that’s pretty good seen as we were away for most of it 🙂
- 16 cross-stitch smalls; I’ve finished one, my February cross-stitch is now made into a little pillow. I’ve another four nearly there, so my running total is now four.
- 17 items of clothing made. This stays at two, the top and dress I made last month were worn so often during our holiday, the teal dress could nearly walk itsself to the washing machine!!
- 18 Walks; We’ve not had chance to walk since we returned, but our training for our long distance walk is starting now! So my tally stays at one but will hopefully improve this month.
I spent a little time and took a look around your page. I absolutely loved the quilt Anderson’s Farm (?) I think that is what the name was. Your work is really beautiful. I can’t imagine even beginning to have so many goals going at once but yours was fun to read. – Sharon
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Sharon, Andersons Farm was a Block of the Month I did a couple of years back by Lynette Anderson. I like having lots of goals, whether I’ll achieve them all is another matter 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s impressive for a very busy month! #14 made me smile ~ I really understand how our best intentions don’t always work out. You have reminded me that I need to bring my bloody friends up-to-date, so I am off to write my 18 in 18 post.
Pingback: 18 in 18 update | Anne Lawson
You have made some great progress! Love your floss box.
Love these targets – good luck x