I was well chuffed just after Christmas to be nominated by Tierneycreates for the Unique Bloggers award. It’s the first time I’ve been nominated for an award so it did give me a bit of a lift, so thank you for the nomination.
As part of the acceptance I have to answer three questions set by Tierney, at this point I nearly bottled it 🙂 …
- What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
- What would be the coolest animal to scale up to the size of a horse?
- What ridiculous and untrue, yet slightly plausible, theories can you come up with for the cause of common ailments like headaches or cavities?
Anyway, here’s my answers;
- Unicorn, everyone would love a unicorn (and it’s the only mythical creature I can think of!!)
- A golden retriever, though the hair shedding would be even more of a nightmare!
- Lack of creative activity, not enough sewing or creating in general to release tensions and stresses 🙂
I would now like to nominate some of my favourite blogs, please don’t feel obliged to continue this onwards, it’s just my way of saying thank you for inspiring me.
- Tall Tales from Chiconia
- Nana Cathy
- Love those Hands at Home
- Living in a Rapid City
- Hillview Embroidery
My three questions are…
- What’s your earliest sewing memory?
- What have you made that you are really proud of?
- Is there another craft you would like to try?
If anyone is wondering, here’s my answers;
- Sitting with a square of binca aged about three, embroidering running stitch around it, probably a ploy to keep me quiet !
- This is a hard one for me, as there are a few very different things; my wedding dress, all lace and beads, My Splendid Sampler quilt as I learnt so much making it and it was a pretty big undertaking with two blocks a week for a year! Recently it would have to be my flower trellis embroidery, just so far out of my comfort zone…as my mum would say, ‘there’s no such thing as I can’t’
- Oooh, weaving, needlefelting, goldwork, silver jewellery…but I really can’t start another craft 🙂