I’ve been hesitating this year about posting any New Year resolutions and challenges, let’s face it, my main aim last year was to reduce my stash…well I failed miserably at that one 🙂
However over the last couple of weeks I’ve seen a few challenges which look workable. There’s no point taking on a challenge which will add pressure, take the enjoyment out of creating and set you up to fail. I want a challenge to push me out of my comfort zone, encourage me to make things I might otherwise not get round to…but I do want to like the end product!
So, what do I hope to create over the next twelve months;
Down the Rabbit Hole quilt; I’ve posted about this a couple of weeks ago, we’re due to start 31st January so I’ve been getting my fabrics together. It’s a beautiful medallion quilt (I’ve wanted to do a medallion quilt for a while) and it’s got quite a lot of applique, so I’m hoping to master needle-turn applique this year. The Splendid Sampler finishes in February so after that this will be my only BOM.
#2017 Make Nine; This was started last year by Rochelle New, the idea is to choose nine new projects you want to make over the year. Nine seems a doable number, not too overwhelming! My nine projects are;
- Coatigan Silvia by Schnittmuster. I’ve already got the fabric lined up to make this next, a lovely loose tweed I won from Minerva at the Leeds meet-up.
- McCalls 6696. I fancy the sleeveless, straight skirted shirtwaister for the summer, or maybe longsleeved full skirt in boiled wool for the winter…
- Sew Over It Ultimate Trousers. I’m determined to master trousers this year and I think I’ll start with these.
- Morgan Jeans by Closet Case Patterns…and jeans are next on my list. I’ve got the denim, I’ve got the hardware, just need to buckle down and make them!
- Ginger Jeans By Closet Case Patterns…I’ve had this pattern for even longer!
- Aster blouse by Colette patterns. I love the simple V neck of this shirt. I’ve some perfect fine cotton I treated myself to last year at Guthrie and Ghani.
- Threadcount 1502. A pattern I picked up at a swop, originally a freebie from Love Sewing magasine. It’s a cross-over top, I’ve a couple of jersey fabrics to try it in.
- Dakota Duster by Serendipity Studio. I made this last year in needlecord, I fancy a wool one now.
- Great Blue Heron Quilt by Toni Whitney. I bought the kit for this stunning wall hanging last year, I just need to pluck up the courage to make it!
Monthly Stitch Challenge; this was on my list last year too but it fell by the wayside. This year I’m determined! I’m already half way through January’s challenge, to make something from fabric received for Christmas.
Dressmaking Bloggers Network; This is a facebook group, every month they have a challenge, this month’s is ‘Keep it Cosy’ so I’m planning to get the coatigan made, so it will cover two challenges!
…so I’ve a few things planned to keep me out of mischief 🙂