Positive Thinking

Positive ThinkingMy final comment on my Positive Thinking sampler last week was that I need to concentrate more as I found I had made several little mistakes on the lettering…so the first thing I did was to sew the words ‘Live simply’ in the wrong colour!! Somehow it always seems to take ages to unpick cross-stitch, only to have to re-stitch it the following evening!

After this unpromising start to part three of the sampler, the rest stitched up fairly quickly, I love the little rabbit and I haven’t spotted any mistakes yet!

Positive thinkingHaving mentioned last week that one aspect of Nathalie Cichon’s designs (Jardin Privee) is that the back-stitching isn’t overdone, I’m wondering if I am going to have to backstitch round the sheep as they do seem to disappear. The floss is more or less the same colour as the linen I am stitching on. I will wait until the end to see what the finished sampler looks like, but at the moment I am thinking I will need to back-stitch in something like the soft grey green.

I’ve got two more parts to stitch, they seem to be taking about a week each, so hopefully by the end of August it will be finished and hanging on my wall.

Positive Thinking

This entry was posted in Crafts, Sewing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Positive Thinking

1. This is just gorgeous ….takes alot of patience and talent ! šŸ™‚

2. Cathie J says:

Great sampler. I agree that the sheep need some outlining.

3. Kathy says:

What a fabulous sampler! I love it. I agree that the sheep need something to define them … backstitching around them would certainly be the easiest way to do that.

4. My MIL loves sheep! I think they need some backstitching to help them to pop out a bit. I love your sampler.

5. Debra says:

So pretty. I have been earning to do some cross stitch lately. Yours is wonderful.

6. Cathy L says:

Love the sentiment in your sampler. My first thought was “what sheep?”. Then I had to take another look. Shows you why I don’t do cross-stitch anymore! Guess they do need some back stitching.

7. carol fun says:

Love this sampler… a beautiful design and sentiment and your stitching is lovely!

8. Suzanne says:

Your work is beautiful!

9. Dotti says:

Gorgeous workmanship and wonderful sentiments.

10. Deb says:

Very pretty sampler.

11. You do lovely work. That will be wonderful hanging on the wall!

12. Sarah says:

I love this sampler. I ve been looking at the web site and am thinking of dipping my toe in!

13. Beautiful stitching! I do think the sheep need a little help to be seen around that adorable show stealing bunny!

14. Thimberlina says:

Stunning words & beautiful stitching! šŸ˜€

15. Renee says:

What a darling sampler! Thinking of back-stitching the sheep made me think about DMC 762. It is such a soft gray. Whatever you decide will be perfect. This is darling!

16. dezertsuz says:

Excellent advice, done in beautiful stitchery! Thanks for sharing on the Stitchery Link.

17. Pingback: Way to Happiness Sampler | thecraftycreek