Rowandean Embroidery at the show

Just had a great day meandering round the stalls at the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show, getting inspired by the fabrics and crafts on display, it’s nice to see an increasing amount of dress fabrics there too.Embroidery Kits

I fell for two kits, one is a textile embroidery by Stef Francis, the lady assured me it wasn’t as complicated as it looks, I hope so! The other is a hardanger embroidery kit by Jane Greenoff which I thought I might take on holiday for the occasional quiet time.

Fabric? Of course I bought some fabric! Fat Fabricquarters and batiks tempted me. I bought some pretty buttons, the purse frames were a bargain and couldn’t be left behind, a book which I hope will help me make one of those embroidered quilts.buttons

I then had a lovely hour or so sat at the Rowandean stall, they had a mini workshop set up so for £5 you got all the materials and tuition to make a flower embroidery. It was great to just sit and embroider for a while in a little haven of peace amongst the bustle of the show! The embroidery was just straight stitch, French knots, a few lazy daisies and feather stitch, nothing complicated but with all the organza underneath it was very effective.

Rownaden embroidery

This entry was posted in Crafts, Serendipity and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Rowandean Embroidery at the show

1. Suzanne says:

Lovely little hand stitched project!

2. Sarah says:

I love your little hand stitching, it’s very pretty and the organza underneath is very effective! I’ve also bought some of stef France’s dyed threads before, so will watch your progress!

3. Your embroidery is gorgeous! I find lazy daisy stitches tricky. Visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

4. This is so very pretty… I love it! What a great idea to make a small project to relax during the show!

5. Carla says:

I have never seen organza used behind embroidery like that! Love the effect!

6. Gail says:

Very nice little stitching project! Looking forward to seeing your other projects come to life!

7. I I wasn’t much tempted by the fabrics because there wasn’t much I couldn’t have got from leeds market or Boyes for cheaper. But I did buy a purse frame, and two of those big snappy bag frames from the French guy.

That woman with the embroidered kitchen tried to corner me when she saw my press pass though, and she was a bit aggressive

8. Monica says:

What a great idea that organza is! I did a couple of Rowandean patterns a decade ago, I am glad to see they are still going strong!

• craftycreeky says:

Hi, thanks for your comment, I did a Rowandean picture years ago (probably nearer 20!! I seem to remember then that I loved stitching it (I still have it) but as a poverty stricken student nurse I wanted a kit to take more than a few days!! Some of their new designs are very tempting though!